Thursday, March 1, 2012

How can I become a citizen of Brazil


How can I become a citizen of Brazil?
I'm 19 years old, still in college and I live in the Philippines and i've never been out of it. I want to live a fun and simple life and I see it in Brazil (how? youtube). Its culture is similar to the Philippines except the openness to sexuality part. When I graduate and looking to settle, I think I'd want to live in Brazil. So how do I become a citizen?
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Marry a Brazilian!
2 :
learn Portuguese first
3 :
Foreigners may apply for Brazilian citizenship if they meet the following criteria: - Permanent residence in Brazil - Four years continuous residence in Brazil (short trips may be permitted) - Ability to speak and write Portuguese - Sufficient personal or family resources to support themselves The residence requirement may be reduced in certain circumstances: - Only one year's residence is required for those who have a Brazilian spouse, parent, or child - For nationals of Portuguese-speaking countries, one year's residence is required - Those with "professional, scientific or artistic ability" may apply after two years - Persons of higher net worth may apply for Brazilian citizenship after 3 years.






Read more discussions :