Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm dating and American guy who wants to marrie me. I'm Brazilian and I live in Brazil


I'm dating and American guy who wants to marrie me. I'm Brazilian and I live in Brazil.?
After marriage he wants me to move to US to live with him. But if marriage doens't work out and we get separate do I still have the right to live in the US?
Marriage & Divorce - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
while married to him, you need to do the necessary paper work to become a permanent resident, and then after 10 years, you can be come a citizen.
2 :
Sorry, I am not understanding. Are you getting married to an American for the sole purpose of getting and staying in the USA or do you really want to be with him? I married a Swede and immigrated to Sweden from Canada, but didn't do it to stay in Sweden. I did it out of love and knowledge that I wanted to be with him forever. There is a two year period here where you need to be together as a couple before you can be accepted as a permanent resident...then after a few years can apply for citizenship. So I imagine its the same in most countries.... But take my advice and not to rush into anything before you check things and know the reason for getting married.
3 :
It sounds like you are just using this guy@






Read more discussions :